Flying Stars 2010
2010 is the Year of the Tiger which starts from Li Chun 02/04/2010. Chinese use heaven branch and earth branch to describe the Year. The heaven branch of the tiger year 2010 is Gen which belongs to Metal element; the earth branch of the tiger year 2010 is Yin which belongs to Wood element. Heaven branch destroy earth branch since metal destroy Wood. The Year of the Tiger will be a touch year. In addition, flying star 8 white, which is in charge of wealth, is besieged in the center. Economic will be stagnant this year.
There are nine main flying stars which are related to different aspects, such as wealth, relationship, health, etc. These nine flying stars are 1 white, 2 black, 3 jade, 4 green, 5 yellow, 6 white, 7 red, 8 white and 9 purple. The locations of the flying stars are changed every year. The locations of these 9 flying stars are as following map.
Tai Sui, Sui Po and 3 killings
In addition of the 9 flying stars, there are three important aspects needed to pay attentions to: Tai Sui, Sui Po and 3 killings (Shan Sha). Tai Shui is the Grand Duke Jupiter. In the year of the Tiger 2010, Tai Sui is the tiger that is sitting on NE close to N. Sui Po is sitting on the opposite site of the Tai Sui. That is in SW close to S. And 3 killings (Shan Sha) is in North.
Keep in mind that Tai Sui, Sui Po and 3 killings (Shan Sha) can not be offended. You can put Tai Sui amulet in the NE and 3 killings charm in North in 2010. If you are Chinese Monkey Zodiac sign or Tiger Zodiac sign, it is best to carry the Tai Sui Amulet all time. Also don't do any constructions in NE close to N, SW close to S and North. Keep these three locations in order and calm as much as possible. If you have any water fountain in these locations, don't turn it on.
Nine Flying Stars
Details of the flying stars, Tai Sui, Sui Po and Three Killings (Shan Sha) will be illustrated as followings. We also list some suggested items that can enhance the flying stars if those flying stars are good for us or decease their powers if those flying stars are not good for us.
1. White Flying Star is in control of further education, official ranking, prosperity and relationship. It is a powerful activator for those who seeking for promotion, social fame, traveling and higher education. It is considered as the future lucky star. In the year of the tiger 2010, one white flying star is in West position. Since 1 white belongs to Water element, we can use Metal or Water element in this location. Feng shui products will be like Bejeweled Victory Elephant, Mandarin Ducks Picture, Arrowana Fishes, Dragon Statues, etc.
2. Black Flying Star is one of the most famous sick stars and trouble makers in flying star practice. It has the meanings of bringing about sickness, disputes and other problems. 2 black flying star in the year of the tiger 2010 is in NE. It is better to use Metal element to decrease its effects because 2 black belongs to Earth element. Feng Shui products will be like Metal Wu Lou, Wu Lou Amulet, Metal Rooster, Ling Tzi Ru Yi, etc.
3. Jade Flying star causes trouble, damage, arguments, lawsuit and legal entanglement. 3 Jade in the year of the tiger 2010 is in South location. Since it belongs to Wood element, we can use Fire element to decrease its power. Fengshui products will be like Red Scrolls, Flaming Sword, Red Hanging Crystal Balls, Red Pyramid, Ksitigarbha Fireball, etc. For whom have lawsuit problems, especially pay attention to this location.
4. Green Flying Star is recognized as the star that is in charge of official work and rank, study, fame and relationship. This star is also responsible for inspiration in the work and creative ideas. The excellent side of 4 Green Flying Star is favorable to help people well develop their merits and gain better networking. On another hand, it may turn out to be bad romance sometimes. 4 Green Flying Star in tiger year 2010 is in North. Since 4 Green belongs to Wood element, we can use Water element or Wood element to nourish and enhance it. Feng shui products will be like Three Gods, Chinese Buddha, Green Dragon Turtles, Green Dragons, Sitting Black Buddha, etc.
5. Yellow Flying Star is considered the most ominous star in feng shui practice. It causes disasters, wealth losses and sickness. 5 Yellow Flying Star in the year of the tiger 2010 locates in SW. Since 5 Yellow belongs to Earth element, we can use Metal element to lessen its strength. Fengshui products will be like 5 Element Pagoda, Wind Chimes, Good Fortune Fan, Wheel of Transmigration, etc.
6. White Flying Star is taken as one of the most auspicious flying stars in feng shui practice. 6 White is favorable for who seek for windfall, change in life, such as traveling, moving house or job change. It is also a great benefactor star in career and wealth, especially good for who get stuck or slow down in their career path and wealth accumulation. In 2010, 6 White is in East location. We can use Earth element and Metal element to strengthen Metal element that 6 White belongs to. Fengshui products will be like Golden Ru Yi, Bejeweled Cloisonne Horse, Metal Ingots, Feng Shui Fortune Bat, etc.
7. Red Flying Star is a declined star from period seven and it is thought as one disaster star. It will cause fighting, robbery, stealing, accidence, etc problems. 7 Red changes to SE in the year of the tiger 2010. Since it belongs to Metal element, we can use Water element to moderate its force according to 5 element theory. Feng shui products will be like Trinity Buddha, Blue Pyramid, Blue Crystal Balls, Blue Rhinoceros and Elephant Charm, Feng Shui Blue Rhinoceros, blue Chinese Paper Lanterns, etc.
8. White Flying Star is the emperor star in Period 8. The significant of the 8 White is related to wealth and fortune. In 2010 Chinese zodiac tiger year, 8 White locates in the center. Since 8 White belongs to Earth element, we can use Earth element and Fire element to magnify its merit. Fengshui products will be like Citrine Tree, Jade Ingot, Amethyst Pyramid, Feng Shui Vases, etc.
9. Purple Flying Star is in control of the joyous events including promotion, new start of enterprise, marriage, giving birth of new baby, etc. It is the one of the auspicious stars. 9 Purple Flying Star is in NW. We can use Fire element and Wood element to enrich its energy since 9 purple belongs to Fire element. Feng Shui products will be like Chinese Red Lanterns, Green Standing Goddess Kuan Yin, Wooden Charms, Red Buddha, Feng Shui Chi Lin Pictures, etc.
Make sure the locations in your house are accurate. You can use Feng Shui Compass to locate positions. Check the details of how to use compass in compass's instruction to know how to locate positions.
More Feng Shui Tips
Read more Feng Shui Tips at our feng shui blog.